Directional Drilling is a method of installing underground pipe or
innerduct along a prescribed bore path from the surface of the ground,
with minimal impact to the surrounding area.
Directional Drilling is used in place of other techniques for the following reasons:
- Less traffic disruption
- Lower cost
- Deeper installation possible
- Longer installation possible
- Shorter completion times
- Safer for the environment
The cost of Directional Drilling varies from job to job. The price is generally figured on a per foot basis and based on several factors including:
- The location of the project
- Size of the bore to be made, considering the size and length of pipe or innerduct used
- Type of pipe or innerduct
- Soil conditions
- Additional services (e.g. welding pipe, setting manholes or splicing fiber)
Call the Schoon Corporation at 712.225.5736 for more information.
Below are pictures from some of our projects. Click on any thumbnail to see a larger image.